Meryl is an author, speaker, contemporary rug hooking artist, creativity workshop leader, and former homeopath. Her first book One Loop at a Time, a story of rug hooking, healing and creativity, (December 2016) is the story of her reinvention through creativity. Her second book One Loop at a Time, The Creativity Workbook (November 2017), shares tools for beginning the process of reinvention through journaling and sketching.
Meryl teaches her reinvention framework through her popular and often sold out creativity workshops such as Hook a Healing Mat, Chakra Colour Love, Abstract Design for Healing Energy and The Creativity Workbook Toolkit – Looking inside for Answers (this is a writing and sketching journaling workshop).
Meryl travels and speaks widely about Reinvention & Transformation – how to rediscover your purpose and joy for the next phase of your life.
Meryl worked in the healing arts as a Homeopath and Bowen Therapist for over 20 years, stepping aside from patient care in January 2016 to devote herself to helping women in the third chapter of life empower and reinvent themselves.
As the first steps in her successful reinvention, Meryl began journaling and designing a line of healing mats. These mats document the dragonfly process of healing as an opportunity to transform, adapt, find joy and dig deeper into her emotions. Meryl has developed a unique process of writing on the linen around her design to highlight the inspiration for each mat. She chooses colours for her mats based on the Chakra colour theory. As well, she has developed a proprietary design process by following the energy of the emotion or quality she is trying to convey in the piece. Meryl offers this Abstract Design for Healing Energy as a rug hooking workshop and also as a one-on-one service. Meryl and her healing mats have been traveling and being shown across Canada and internationally.
Meryl enjoys an active lifestyle. She is a walker, cyclist, dragon boat paddler, rug hooker, community volunteer and mother of three adult sons.
- MSc in Applied Clinical & Industrial Psychology (Saint Mary’s University) 1983
- DHom (Diploma of Homeopathy) (Devon School of Homeopathy in the United Kingdom) 2001
- PDHom (Practitioner’s Diploma of Homeopathy) (Devon School of Homeopathy in the United Kingdom) 2003
- Registered with Bowtech International (highest level of advanced training, former instructor in the Bowen Technique) since 1996
- Canadian Society of Homeopaths (CSHom) registered member (2001 – 2016)
- Maritime Society of Homeopaths (MSH) registered member